Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greetings from Vermont! I'm home for the holiday weekend, and the time off has been greatly appreciated. And it has given me some time to address my posting back-log...

For Thanksgiving this year, I decided to give turkey cookies a try. Even though gingerbread is my go-to recipe for the colder seasons, I decided to give a brown sugar & spice cookie recipe a try (in addition). Sugar cookies would rarely be my first choice, but the brown sugar used in these adds a bit of complexity, and the spices make them especially seasonal. I decorated both these and the gingerbread with some royal icing once again--pretty pleased with the results!





Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. They were far too delicious!

    "A++, would buy again!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh....they are so cute! i love their little eyes!

    (did you get a presidential pardon for one of them? oh well, i'm sure it would get eaten anyway!)

    ReplyDelete